Silverlight Media Framework 2.4
Other Available Downloads
- SMFv2.4 Full Installer (MSI) - This will install everything you need in order to develop your own SMF player application, including the IIS Smooth Streaming Client. It only includes the assemblies. If you want the source code please follow the link above.
- Smooth Streaming Sample Player (Update: link fixed on 3/22/11) - This is a pre-built player that includes support for IIS Smooth Streaming. You can configure the player to playback your content by simplying editing a configuration file - no need to compile.
This is the official Release To Web (RTW) of the Microsoft Silverlight Media Framework 2.4 and Microsoft Silverlight Media Framework 2.4 for Windows Phone
Summary of new additions
- For more information about the WP7 API and supported functionality read SMF v2 for Windows Phone
- To use SMF with IIS Smooth Streaming you must download the IIS Smooth Streaming Client 1.5 here.
- The .CHM file in the API DOCUMENTATION download may need to be unblocked. Just right click on the file, select "Properties", and choose "Unblock".
- A new SMF plugin designed to capture health and diagnostic information for smooth streaming players. Captured information can then be sent to a variety of destinations including the new Health Monitoring tool.
- New smooth streaming health monitoring tool to visualize the health of a smooth streaming player.
- Sample app demonstrating how to capture basic health information locally within your player.
- Sample app demonstrating how to capture health information and send it to a remote server.
- Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramwork.Plugins.Monitoring: An SMF plugin capable of capturing health and diagnostic information for smooth streaming players.
- Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramwork.Diagnostics: An assembly used by the monitoring plugin to gather and aggregate diagnostic information from the underlying smooth streaming media element.
- Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Logging: An assembly used by the monitoring plugin responsible for packaging health and diagnostic information and sending it off to an external source.
- Microsoft.Logging.LocalConnection: A logging plugin used by the new logging assembly to send logs over a Silverlight local connection which can then be captured by the new Health Monitoring tool.
No reviews yet for this release.
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.