Shoutcast

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Is there support for Shoutcast? or plans?
Jan 16, 2015 at 10:35 AM
have done some search on it, there are one or two Shoutcast playlist components on the network that can parse it and extract URLs for MP3 streams, but they use older shoutcast format I think and don't work with most recent versions

another issue is that some radio broadcasts don't use MP3 but other formats I think that Silverlight doesn't support without writing your own MediaSource to preprocess the stream and extract the audio data from there
Jan 16, 2015 at 10:36 AM
some links I gathered during researching it are at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nmuiba0ebcxx2ro/AABHQ37leg90zE-h2735ZYLea?dl=0
Jan 16, 2015 at 10:17 PM
Many Shoutcast streams will play with phonesm. Both AAC and MP3 based streams work. Some of the PLS playlist code would need to be customized if one wants to play something other than the first entry in the playlist. At this point, I would suggest using the latest alpha or the current source code.
Jan 17, 2015 at 7:27 AM
Does it also work with Silverlight or is a ClientAccessPolicy needed at the playlist server?
Thanks for the pointer
Jan 17, 2015 at 10:49 PM
Yes, Silverlight works. The normal Silverlight network stack is used by default so the normal restrictions apply, but there is a flag to use Socket (or StreamSocket on WinRT) instead:
    MediaStreamFacadeSettings.Parameters.UseHttpConnection = true;
Note that the flag was broken on Silverlight until 439c147fbf6d, which I pushed just a few minutes ago (not relevant for the Windows Phone Silverlight implementation).

Followup to phonesm...