Smooth Streaming Client 2.0 API - Config.xml file?

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:05 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm working on building a smooth streaming player using the Client 2.0 APIs via Visual Studio. Here are some questions for you.
  1. What I'm trying to do is to change the configuration settings such as changing the playout buffer size and the ABR heuristics (e.g., modifying when the bitrates are up or down). I have found the blog that describes the config.xml for live smooth streaming. However, I do not see any of the configuration file. Where is it located? How can I find and change the config.xml using Visual studio for buffered streaming, not live?
  2. Is there any function (or example codes) to print out the manifest information of the streaming on the client side? I would like to implement a function in the player that will be called when the movie starts playing and prints out all the movie information (e.g., availiable bitrates, length, chunk size and others).
If you have any sources or information, please let me know. I really appreciate.

All the best
Jul 24, 2014 at 1:28 AM
Edited Jul 24, 2014 at 1:29 AM
if you see user comment there (could ask too there I guess for more info), they speak about ConfigPath of SSME.

The settings file is a simple XML file that should be included in your Silverlight media player (with Build Action = Content) and its path specified in the ConfigPath property of the Smooth Streaming media element. If your media player is based on Microsoft Media Platform: Player Framework, then all you need to do it place the file at the root of your project and name it Config.xml – the file will be loaded automatically, without you having to set its path.

Inside the XML file, we have the root element LiveSmoothStreamingSettings and more elements under this, one for each configurable component of the Smooth Streaming Client.