cannot find system libs for "Silverlight for Windows Phone"

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I used "SMFv2.7 Full Installer (MSI)" to install SMF v2.7. I couldn't find the "Silverlight for Windows Phone" folder mentioned in "Getting started guide".
I tried to create a test player by following steps described in "Getting started guide", however, I'm getting compilation errors saying "Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.dll" is not found.
Jun 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

weijiali, the binaries for the wp7 have different names. If you scroll down on the main documentation page you'll see a section titled "Building a Windows Phone Player" that lists the steps you need to follow.

FYI: If you installed the setup, all these dlls are registered with Visual Studio so you don't actually need to browse for them when you add a reference and instead you can just pick them from the list. However, if you're curious, you can also find them in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Silverlight Media Framework\v2.7\Silverlight For Phone\Bin

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Tim, thanks for the response. I have installed SMF 2.7. I'm able to find the dlls under the directory but for some reasons they don't show up on Visual studio .Net references. I can add them as references if I click the "browse" tag. Did I miss anything?