Fading the ControllerStrip in Fullscreen

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I've looked at the existing discussions on this topic, but they all seem to pre-date the 2.x release, so they're not really applicable anymore.

I've modified the player so that when in fullscreen the controllerstrip disappears, then reappears on a mousemove event. However, I'm unable to get it to fade again after a time delay. The only way I've been able to make it disappear again is to check the position of the mouse and have it disappear when the cursor moves to the far right of the screen. This isn't the solution we want.

I've looked at the online tutorials (specifically the Channel 9 reference), but the discussion doesn't seem to apply to 2.x because, with all the new abstraction, you don't get the storyboarding options in Blend when editing generic.xaml. I've tried adding the effect in code per the MSDN posts, but what I'm running into is that I have no object to bind the storyboard to. The controllerstrip doesn't have an OpacityProperty DependencyProperty and the player ("this") doesn't have a name property. I've tried registering the name, but the RegisterName method is showing up in any of the namespaces where it's supposed to exist (System.Windows.Markup or System.Windows.FrameworkElement).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:21 AM

check this

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I did, but it didn't help because none of the storyboard functionality is available in Expression with 2.6 codebase.

I was able to get the controlstrip to disappear using a DispatcherTimer, but I haven't set up storyboards to fade it out. It just disappears which, for our purposes, is good enough.

May 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I think you can use some adapter than installs an attached property (see how PRISM installs a similar adapter for TabControl to give access to Style of Headers)