Different Namespaces for Windows Phone DLLs(Conflict Problem)

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Hi, how are you?

I'm working in a project who has 3 versions, silverlight website, silverlight client side(installed on windows) and a windows phone.

I'm trying to create only one project with a viewmodels, because the 3 versions will work equal, but, the name spaces are conflicted because in .Phone dlls don't have a .Phone in name spaces, example, I would like to create a custom PlaylistItem, and I will Create a PlaylistItemWP with heritage from Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.Media.PlaylistItem, but, this PlayListItem exists in the both dlls(Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.dll and Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.Phone.dll) with namespace identicals.

Another problem is when I use a PlaylistItem from Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.dll in my ViewModelProject, my Windows Phone project who has a Reference to ViewModelProject, lost the using reference.

I would like to know what you think about that and explain why use the same Namespace to .Phone dlls if the objects are differents and cause conflict and why don't create only one class for both plataforms(Web/WP) for objetcs like PlaylistItem?

Thankyou, and congratulations to you project, I appreciate that!