Tiny caption font with default size

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I'm experimenting with TTML captions in Smooth Streaming videos and I noticed that the captions are extremely small using the default caption styles produced by Expression Encoder - they are only a few pixels high. Is there something I am doing wrong? This is completely unexpected.

The subtitles do not specify a font size in the style given for this region. They use the default styling that comes from Expression Encoder, with no modifications.

Do I have to manually specify a font size to make it work reasonably? I would expect the defaults to be good-looking already, so I am puzzled at what I see.

You can see how small they are in this image:

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Have you checked: this work item? It might be related.

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:47 AM

That does indeed seem related! Thanks. Glad to see that bug is fixed. Of course, I suppose I have to wait for a new public release now...

Well, it's still good news!

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2011 at 4:07 PM

SanderSaares, this fix is available in the 2.6 beta which is available from: http://smf.codeplex.com/releases/view/66516

Tim

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM

In v2.6 (version 2.2011.1101.0) I still get the micro size fonts when receiving SUBT + TTML. The fontsize is specified to 1.5c. If I change it to 40% when a "c" notation is used then it all looks fine. What should the size be calculated to - in case of cell units are specified? Is this still verified to be solved in v2.6?