Jul 27, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Edited Jul 27, 2011 at 7:18 PM
I am working on modifying a silverlight-app created using SMF 1.1 (MediaElement) to use the latest MMP-PF 2.5 using SMFPlayer etc.
So far, I have commented out huge amount of code **sigh** and integrated the rest to to a customized class derived from SMFPlayer.
I am able to playback unencrypted streams with no problem.
With encrypted content, the LicenseAcquirer goes about obtaining the license from the correct license-server.. after that, the playback doesn't begin :(.
The call-flow looks like this:
- The media-URL is passed onto the silverlight app.
- Silverlight app performs the following
- Create a SMF's Playlist item and sets the media-url, and deliverymethod.adaptivestreaming.
- create a standard LicenseAcquirer object and set the ChallengeCustomData as necessary.
- add the playlist item to the SmfPlayer.Playlist.
- Set the SMFPlayer.CurrentPlaylist Item to the newly created playlist-item.
- Observe wireshark capture.
The Player plays the unencrypted content just fine.
The code looks like this.
public virtual void setPlaylistItem(PlaylistItem item)
item.LicenseAcquirer = new LicenseAcquirer
ChallengeCustomData = CustomData,
// Reset the CurrentPlaylist Item to the first element in SMFPlayer.
if (this.Playlist.Count == 1)
this.CurrentPlaylistItem = item;
Could anyone see anything wrong in my approach?