Some TextStream Chunk downloads never get started, when ChunkDownloadStrategy = AsNeeded

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I have been debugging an issue where the ChunkDownloadManager has all the chunks for a text stream requested but only the first chunks (within 2 mins) of the stream get started, the rest seem to sit in the _requests collection, but never get processed when the mediaplugin.Position changes.

I believe this is because when NextRequest() returns null, the base RetryManager will attempt to start request only while there are active requests, pending requests seem to be ignored.

I can't find any code that will call NextRequest() after the initial active requests have been processed, but I may be wrong.

This behaviour is only when ChunkDownloadStrategy = AsNeeded (the default), as any of the aggressive strategies should process the entire _requests collection.

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:13 PM

chrisjones0099, I just confirmed the problem. I'll make sure it is recorded as a bug and that it gets a high priority assigned to it.

Thanks the details,

Tim Greenfield

Apr 5, 2011 at 9:59 PM

The bug has been fixed and will be in the SMF 2.5 release scheduled for next week. I've also attached source code for the fix in case you need it immediately or would like to verify that it is solving your issue...

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Thanks Tim! That was a speedy response!