MMP Player Framework 2.5 (formerly called SMF)
Other Available Downloads
- SMFv2.5 Full Installer (MSI) - This will install everything you need in order to develop your own SMF player application, including the IIS Smooth Streaming Client. It only includes the assemblies. If you want the source code please follow the link above.
- Smooth Streaming Sample Player - This is a pre-built player that includes support for IIS Smooth Streaming. You can configure the player to playback your content by simplying editing a configuration file - no need to compile.
This is the official Release To Web (RTW) of the Microsoft Media Platform: Player Framework 2.5 and Microsoft Media Platform: Player Framework 2.5 for Windows Phone
Stereoscopic 3D support
- For more information about the WP7 API and supported functionality read SMF v2 for Windows Phone
- To use MMPPF with IIS Smooth Streaming you must download the IIS Smooth Streaming Client 1.5 here.
- The .CHM file in the API DOCUMENTATION download may need to be unblocked. Just right click on the file, select "Properties", and choose "Unblock".
- Anaglyph Stereoscopic 3D video plugin (supports Anaglyph 3D, Greyscale 3D, Left eye only modes)
- NVidia 3DVision Active Shutter Stereoscopic 3D plugin. Available as a separate download.
- S3DProperties property added to PlaylistItem class.
- Support for 3rd party Stereoscopic 3D plugins.
- More info…
- MAST (Media Abstract Sequencing Template) - supports ad sequencing and targeting.
- VAST 2.0 (Digital Video Ad Serving Template) - supports ad definitions and tracking.
- VPAID 1.1 (Digital Video Player-Ad Interface Definition) - supports actual playback of ads.
- Extensible architecture to plug in your own ad sequencing engines, ad handlers, and ad players.
- More info…
- Breaking change: PlaylistItem.MarkerResource has been renamed to PlaylistItem.MarkerResources and now contains a list of MarkerResource objects instead of a single MarkerResource.
- Breaking change: Protected member SMFPlayer.MarkerProvider has been renamed to MarkerProviders and now returns a list of IMarkerProvider objects instead of a single IMarkerProvider.
- Fix: TTML cell unit sizing incorrect. Resulted in TTML captions being too small to see.
- Optimization: Under certain circumstances, switching audio streams would cause visible freeze (1-2 seconds).
- Fix: If a marker is removed while it is active, MediaMarkerManager.MarkerLeft now fires.
- Fix: LoggingService.StartingSession never fired.
- Fix: SMFPlayer.PlayerID was not always persisting the GUID.
- Fix: TimedText plugin stops rendering in AsNeeded mode after 2 mintues.
- Fix: Can't create custom template for VersionInformation
- Fix: UEs go unhandled if using Monitoring plugin
- Fix: AdvertisementClickThrough handler throws NullReferenceException depending on how ad was scheduled
- Fix: VideoStopLog would not always get generated for health monitor.
- Improvement: Added ability to set additional logging data for health monitor via PlaylistItem's new CustomMetadata property
- Improvement: Adding new VideoLoadLog to health monitor and VideoStartLog now is generated only once visible playback begins.
- Improvement: Exposing SMFLogger in monitoring plugin.
- Improvement: Uses SSME 1.5 Update 1
Awesome! Took some time to get the restrict streams working on WP7, but the player is so much better then the standard one!
on Sep 7, 2011 at 2:57 PM
The 2.5 version is even better, that the previous ones. Great work, that saves you a lot of time, when you are into multimedia-stuff!
on May 20, 2011 at 1:28 PM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.