Access to raw MediaElement component for VideoBrush

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:53 PM
Edited Feb 6, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Hello,

In looking at ways to adapt/extend the SMF, I've run across a scenarios I am having difficulty with, in trying to use VideoBrush, specifically when trying to set the source of the VideoBrush to an MediaElement of the core SMF player.

I realize the SMF is built upon the CoreSmoothStreamingMediaElement which itself derives from SmoothStreamingMediaElement, ... (hard to get back to the basic MediaElement in there) but I was wondering if there was a way that in the use case scenarios of using a

<smf:CoreSmoothStreamingMediaElement 
                    Source="http://cool.mcgill.ca/content/2010-WINTER/CHEM-120-001/20100122_1233_94933/20100122_1233_94933.VGA.wmv" 

<smf:CoreSmoothStreamingMediaElement 
Source="" 
instead of the 
SmoothStreamingSource=""

if one might be able to access the core MediaElement, in order to bind back to video brushes.

Am I missing something ? in that we can already use the <smf:CoreSmoothStreamingMediaElement as a source to bind to VideoBrush?, or could one create an extension method which would walk down into the object to expose the raw mediaelement embedded within the SmoothStreaming and SMR frameworks ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2010 at 8:02 PM

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to reach the Media Element embedded within the CoreSmoothStreamingMediaElement.  This element extends from SmoothStreamingMediaElement which is what actually wraps the MediaElement (that's a lot of media elements...).  I recommend following up with the Microsoft team that has developed this component for these questions.