ETA on Progressive Download Support

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Hey ...

I am looking to use the SMF on a little internal project that I am working on, I wanted to extend the player to support both Streamed and Progressive media.

I found a blog post stating you guy's are investigating it and was wondering if there is any ETA? I didn't want to spin my wheels to find out you guys are almost done.

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:33 PM

We are planning a progressive download patch for the current version of SMF to be released mid-January.  I apologize if this does not meet your project needs.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:18 PM

No ... that is perfect ... I do not need to go-live until February ... I can always test with the current version and then upgrade to the new release in mid-January ...

any other cool features coming out soon?

Dec 22, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Yep, v.2 is gonna be awesome :)  Not too much I can share about it as of yet, still in the planning phase.

Dec 22, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Edited Dec 22, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Sweet .. V2 is set for mid January?? Or us just the progressive download patch set for mid January?

Dec 22, 2009 at 11:42 PM

No, we don't have a timeline for v.2 yet.  Only the progressive patch for v.1 will be available in mid-January.

Jan 15, 2010 at 8:25 PM

The Microsoft Silverlight Media Framework v1.1 has just been releaed which includes Progressive Download support.  I hope this meets your requirements and please let me know if you have any questions!