Caption styling

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Hey !

The problem I'm facing is that I'd like to remove the background the captions have (so it's just white text over the video in the media player), and (if possible) align the captions to the left/right/center. I've read that the style of the captions themselves (positioning, etc) comes from the xml itself (which I do not have access to).

Is there a way to modify the captions however? And if so, what properties should be targeted? ( I tried retrieving the plugin after it was loaded, and modifying the TimedTextCaptionsStyle and the CaptionRegionStyle).

Whatever style I'd apply from the code-behind, the CaptionRegionStyle would still stay the same (but as I've read a discussion somewhere here, it cannot be modified). And the TimedTextCaptionsStyle seems to be in another container, because if I change the HorizontalAlignment to the Left, it moves only 2 pixels to the left. And regardless, I still was unable to remove the background from the captions.

Thank you in advance !
Jan 17, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Nevermind. Solved. If anyone is interested on how to do what I needed, feel free to post a reply / contact me via email.
Marked as answer by stefangavrilas on 1/17/2014 at 7:18 AM