smfplayer seektoLive help

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I have a windows phone application and I am using a live Manifest file to play a live stream.

In the player I have the following properties.

<media:PlaylistItem DeliveryMethod="AdaptiveStreaming" MediaSource="www.******.com/index.isml/Manifest"LiveDvrRequired="True" JumpToLive="True"/> 

I also have the feature where I can go back in past in the live stream. When I do that I am not able to go back to live stream. The seektoLive() api does not move to current live stream. Can you tell me how to use this Api since I suspect this is what is needed.

Also as a work around I created a new playlist item and added the same manifest file url and remove the previous item and played for live functionality. But for some reason, the smf player plays from the last last live position and not the latest Live ts segment.(That is the first time when player was launched , that playback position it plays from and not live). This suggests there is some caching and in wireshark I cant see the request to manifest file.

But this workaround is only a hack. The main issue is how to use the seektolive Api.