Player is not playing

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Hello,

I have a really strange problem with the SMFPlayer.

I want to use it in my silverlight\ Asp web site but the player do not want to play a .wmv file.

Here is the simple C# code code below

Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.Media.PlaylistItem item = new Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.Media.PlaylistItem();
            item.MediaSource = new Uri("http://localhost:81/video/Wildlife.wmv", UriKind.Absolute);
            item.ThumbSource = new Uri("http://localhost:81/video/Wildlife.png", UriKind.Absolute);

TimeSpan? i = item.Duration;
            item.Title = "Wild Life";
            Player.Playlist.Add(item);
            Player.CurrentPlaylistItem = item;
            Player.GoToPlaylistItem(item);
My config is:

- VS 2010 SP1

- MMP Player Framework 2.7

- Silverlight 5

- Windows 7

- IE 8

The strange thing is that if I build another application and try to access to the Wildlife.wmv file from this other silverlight project with exactly the same code, it work fine.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:44 AM

What plugins have you included in your project (references in Visual Studio)?

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I'm facing the same problem here, I have a silverlight 5.0 project, after adding the SMF player 2.7 version, 
it's not playing the videos which are in the playlist.

Hint : this problem was ther at SMF v2.6 with silverlight 5.0 which they said that it had been solved in the later versions.

Any ideas will be high appreciated.

Thanks

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Edited Sep 26, 2012 at 2:53 PM

hello,

I include thoses plugin to work with the player:

Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.core.dll

Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Plugins.dll

Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Plugins.Progressive.dll

Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Utiliies.dll

But, after a lot of tests:

- If I start a new silverlight projet, include the C# lines and the reférences to start the player, it works fine.

- If I add the plugin "System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Client.Web.dll" (Ria services sp2) the player do not play....

Any idea to solve this ?

thanks,

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:10 PM

That sounds like a MEF issue. I think I've seen something similar mentioned in this forum or in the issue tracker already.