Player crash during Marketplace Test Kit Monitord tests

Nov 7, 2011 at 6:53 AM

I am trying to use smf player in one of the project i working on , targeting windows phone mango.
During the Marketplace Test Kit Monitored tests , i noticed that my app is crashing when try to play a video.
I am using Progressive plugin.

I did some debugging , and figured that app is crashing during player initialization.SmfPlayer c'tor creates PluginManager , which in turn tries to create DeploymentCatalog, and app crashing when DeploymentCatalog c'tor tries to load Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Plugins.Progressive.Phone plugin using Assembly.Load() function

The issue can be reproduced by creating a windows phone application Project ( .Net framework 4 and target os version as Windows phone OS 7.1) , and adding SMF player to MainPage.xaml , and running Market place test kit monitored tests

I was using the 2.6 beta binaries and sources provided in download page for verification(MMP Player Framework 2.6 Beta (SL4 and WP7)). Crash is happening only , when running Marketplace Test Kit Monitored tests.

is this a known issue ? Any tips how to solve this.

Nov 7, 2011 at 12:45 PM

OK . More investigation revealed long Assembly name for the progressive plugin causing the issue for my test app . I recompiled the smf source with a shorter assembly name like Microsoft.Smf.* , and my test application seems to work fine in market place monitored tests

Mar 30, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Edited Mar 30, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Good that I found this discussion. I reported this issue yesterday: http://smf.codeplex.com/workitem/22453

That should be fixed in MMPPF but I'll try to recompiling SMF sources as a workaround. Thanks!

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM

The Marketplace Test Kit seems to be unable to handle any binary that has more than 60 characters in it's name. 60 characters in the name is still ok. Tried with WP SDK 7.1.1.