Why does fullscreen mode change video stretch? How to avoid?

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Edited Oct 27, 2011 at 1:06 PM

I notice that ConfigureVideoSize() sets ActiveMediaPlugin.Stretch to Stretch.Uniform when in fullscreen mode. Why does this happen? What is this behavior used for?

I do not see any way to disable this behavior without making a custom build of MMPPF, which I would like to avoid. Please add a possibility to disable this in the next version.

My scenario is: the "natural" video size info is not reliable, so I want to set the video stretch to Fill and manually control the size using a wrapper element around the MediaPresenterElement. This works fine in non-fullscreen mode, but is undone by the stretch-reset logic in fullscreen mode.

Right now, I am doing a workaround by setting the Stretch back to Fill after fullscreen change, but this does appear to cause a 1-frame flicker where it is rendered with Uniform stretch. So this is not an optimal solution.

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2011 at 2:58 PM

SanderSaares, this has been changed in version 2.6 so the stretch setting is preserved. 2.6 is in beta but is available from the download page today and is expected to be released in the coming week.

Tim