New in Silverlight

Oct 20, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Hi

I am new with the silverlight video player

I want to know if is possible to load a plugin (I imagine is in XAP, not sure, please confirm) nor intrusive that will be linked to the player and get some events, like playing, pause, volume, and get some values, like current position, duration of the video, filesize, bitrate, name of the file.

Any boy can help me? I come from Actionscript, and I made something already for flash

I don´t need to create a new player, just link the media with that "Plugin"

other question, I can´t play wmv files from server or localserver

I read some threats about that but not sure how to fix it

Thanx a lot

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2011 at 2:56 PM

alexbirchler, you came to the right place. We have 2 sample players that you can use out of the box (on the download page). 1 supports smooth streaming and progressive but is a little larger in filesize and the other just supports progressive. Source code is also available if you need to go in and tweak or extend it. A doc file is also included in the download zip that should help you get started.

To play a video from a domain other than where your SL app is served from, you need to make sure there is a crossdomain.xml or clientaccesspolicy.xml file in the root of the domain that the video file is hosted on. This is a general Silverlight requirement for all downloaded files (besides images that are directly displayed).

Hope this helps,

Tim