Smooth Streaming Media in Azure Blob Storage

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I have used the SMF to build the Smooth Streaming Media Player.  It plays the Buck Bunny video just fine.  I have also created a video that I want to use with my SSMP, encoded it with Expression Encoder 4.0 and stored it in my Azure Blob storage account.  However, when I replace the Buck Bunny video manifest URL for the media source with the URL to the manifest file of my encoded video stored in my Azure storage account, nothing plays.  Is there something special I need to do in order to enable that video in my Azure blob storage to be used as the source for my SSMP?  Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2011 at 12:35 AM

I'm guessing it is because you need to upload clientaccesspolicy.xml file to Azure blobs root. You should be able to easily find an example file that you can use by searching the web. Make sure it is in the root of the domain used. You can use a tool like fiddler to see the url it is requesting (which should currently be failing if the file isn't there).

Hope this helps,

Tim

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:25 AM
Thanks for the quick reply...I'm chasing this down right now. I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

Trey Cook

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:35:36 -0700
Subject: Re: Smooth Streaming Media in Azure Blob Storage [smf:273109]

I'm guessing it is because you need to upload clientaccesspolicy.xml file to Azure blobs root. You should be able to easily find an example file that you can use by searching the web. Make sure it is in the root of the domain used. You can use a tool like fiddler to see the url it is requesting (which should currently be failing if the file isn't there).
Hope this helps,
Tim
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (smf@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email smf@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com