Play flash File in SMF

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:08 AM

Hi friends ... I am using smf for playing video and audio files after encoding  using expression encoder api and my developed encoder ,Now i want to play flash-.swf and flv files in smf ,I know internally smf uses this in advertisement plugins but I have to play it in smf-player as playlist item . Please help me it's urgent..........

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Playing Flash videos (.swf files) is not something supported by Silverlight or the player framework. The advertising plugin is a proof of concept to show you how you could use SL windowless mode to play a flash ad in html (overlayed on top of Silverlight).

However, SWFLight is working on a product to support playing flv files inside the player framework with 100% managed code (no DOM bridge)... cool stuff if you ask me! This product is developed independently of the player framework and is therefore not officially supported by the player framework team. Nevertheless, you may want to check it out if you need to support flv files in the framework.

Tim

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Hello Tim,

Even though the FlashVideoAdPlayer is a proof of concept I'm still trying to play a flash video ad (video/flv) in overlay with the Silverlight player. But so far I didn't succeed. The code in FlashVideoAdPlayer refers to 2 HtmlElements - FlashHost and FlashPlayer. Could I have a clue what these html elements should be? Do I need to include a some kind of flash video player in the html page hosting the silverlight player?

Help is very appreciated.

Best Regards,

Bruno