Error 3132 on OSX Lion

Jul 30, 2011 at 1:38 AM

We are running into an issue with OSX Lion trying to play protected content. The users are getting error 3132 which we cannot find any documentation on and has no message with the exception.

Does anyone know about this error? Or where any documentation can be found that could cover this error code?

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Anyone? We have now found it is only happening with smooth streaming content. The video will play if the user refreshes the browser but will come back if they restart the browser. 

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2011 at 1:49 AM

darthobiwan, have you tried it with just a SSME? If you get the same result with just the SSME, I can pass the issue onto the IIS team vs. know whether it's something that needs to be addressed in the MMPPF.

Tim

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:57 AM

We can give it a try with just SSME. We have been able to see that it is the SSME that is sending the error via media failed. I modified the SMF Smooth Streaming plugin source to expose the SSME and attached my own event handler onto it's MediaFailed and got the exception.

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:11 PM

After tons more testing I finally tracked it down. Setting StartPosition on the playlist item causes the video to fail in OSX Lion, if the video is the first to be played in the browser instance. I've been able to recreate it in the base SMF 1.5 smooth streaming example. I'll put together a good example later and submit it.

but basically this did it

<Media:PlaylistItem DeliveryMethod="AdaptiveStreaming"
                                     StartPosition="00:00:10" MediaSource="...."/>

We had our own implementation of this feature already since SMF didn't have it when we first built the player. So when I took our feature the video wouldn't crash, then when I tried the SMF one it would crash. I'm going to test with SSME only to see if it crashes.

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM

I've been consistently able to recreate the error using the the SMF 2.5 source code. In the Samples/SmoothStreamingMediaElementExample/SmoothStreamingMediaElementExample.xaml

Change the playlist item to

<Media:PlaylistItem 
DeliveryMethod="AdaptiveStreaming"
StartPosition="00:00:10"
MediaSource="http://mediadl.microsoft.com/mediadl/iisnet/smoothmedia/Experience/BigBuckBunny_720p.ism/Manifest"/>

The first time loading this video up in a browser in Lion will cause the 3132 error. The funny thing is this won't happen with just the regular SSME. I've tried on the MediaOpened event to change the Position property and it works fine. I've gone through the SMF source down the path it takes to set the position in MediaOpened and could not find the cause. I removed all the calculations that happend and checks and it still fails if the ssme.Position property gets changed then. I'm guessing there is something else SMF is doing to the SSME that is causing some weird combo effect. I've tried with and without gpu acceleration enabled.

Maybe  it's the chunkdownloader?

But it most definitely is something in SMF that is causing this bug in SSME to happen.

For now we have disable the feature for Lion users.

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I have a public url to demonstrate the issue now up at http://smfliontest.november.sierrabravo.net/

You can get the source code for it here http://smfliontest.november.sierrabravo.net/SMFLionTest.zip

This test is using the SMF 2.5 binaries and pointing to big buck bunny with the start position selected.

There is also a trace log I dumped from a computer running LION http://smfliontest.november.sierrabravo.net/trace.txt (this is using the SSME tracing engine)

I'm going to log an issue in the issue tracker since this is a bug and will effect a growing number of people using players based on SMF

Sep 30, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Are there any updates on this issue? I have been seeing it as well.

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2011 at 10:16 PM

darthobiwan, any chance you're able to provide a stack trace on the exception?

Also, SMFPlayer internally is *dispatching* the SSME.Position set in the MediaOpened event; I'm wondering if this could be the magic variable. In your SSME-only test app, from the MediaOpened event, could you try setting the position on the dispatcher instead:

Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(() => SSME.Position = StartPosition);
Mar 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM

We are still seeing this same issue on OS X Lion 10.7.3 on new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro notebooks (it does not affect older MacBooks running 10.7.3) even when we set the position in the MediaOpened event.

Relevant snippets from the player code:

player.MediaOpened += new EventHandler(Player_MediaOpened);

private void Player_MediaOpened(object sender, RoutedEventArgs arg)
{
	if (startOffset > 0)
	{
		player.Position = TimeSpan.FromSeconds((double)startOffset);
	}
}

If playback is starting from the beginning, the player works normally, if we are starting from a non-0 offset, the player will generally fail the first time with error 3132, but upon reloading the player, it will play without error.

We are using MMP 2.5 to play Smooth Streaming content.

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Hey Guys,
Could you fix this problem? I'm having the same issue. I tried to change the position on MediaOpened and I still having the same issue.

Thank you.