Where is SMF getting the manifest from?

Apr 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM

I recently tried to play a smooth stream using SMF which had a corrupt client manifest (the url for requesting each chunk was wrong). I replaced this manifest with the correct one and tried again to play the stream in my SMF player. But still it failed to download the chunks. Looking in Fiddler I saw that the client manifest was never getting requested from the server by the SMF, so it was still using the old corrupt manifest. This suggests it had cached it somewhere, my question is where??? I tried clearing my browser cache and the Silverlight application storage but this didn't work. I also tried playing loads of different streams hoping to bump the corrupt manifest from the cache but still no luck. Can anyone help??

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Michael, I suspect that the manifest may still be bad and it is not due to caching. Have you tried playing that manifest in a new test app (perhaps running in a different browser) to make sure it works? Also, make sure you have a clientaccesspolicy.xml file in your domain's root.

Just guessing,

Tim Greenfield