Need to Extend SMFPlayer and "solution folders are not supported in this version of the application" error

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Hi
I am running VWD 2010 express and getting the dreaded "solution folders are not supported in this version of the application" error.  I s there any hope of removing solution folders and make SMF work on VWD2010 express?

To the main question.
I am building a GolfSwingAnalyzer application where I would like to draw shapes (Line, Rectangle, Ellipse) over the playing video.  I would like to have a "Shapes" toolbar with Buttons for Line, Rectangle and Ellipse on the "Left" and Menu toolbar ("Open", Save" etc.) on the "Top".

Based on the Extending and enhancing the SMF Player thread, I went ahead and subclassed SMFPlayer but and not sure how to go forward from there.  I tried looking in the SMF code to see how "PlayElement" and other Buttons were getting laid out but got lost in the weeds of TemplateDefinitions.  Can someone explain/point to where and how there RewindElement, PlayElement are all getting laid out?  Do I need Blend to figure it all out?

Thanks
rockmeister