player will not build from source incompatible with 1.5 client library

Mar 5, 2011 at 6:28 AM

Hello There i have donwloaded the source and the IISSmoothStreamingClient1.5RTW.msi package

when i try to compile the package i het the following errors:

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'PlaybackState' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\TravelWEB\Video Player\Source\Trunk\Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework\Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Player\CoreSmoothStreamingMediaElement.cs 398 11 Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Player

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'TimelineEventArgs' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\TravelWEB\Video Player\Source\Trunk\Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework\Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Player\InStreamDataCollection.cs 88 65 Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Player

i have made also some screenshots but i cant upload them here.

has someone encounter this issue before ?

i have ckecked all the references and they all seem to be fine

May 19, 2011 at 8:31 AM

I've got the same error here.

Seems, that the IISSmoothStreamingClient (Microsoft.Web.Media.SmoothStreaming.dll) was updated for MMP to work but not uploaded.

Hope that the update will be uploaded soon.

Regards,

Paul

May 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM

You need 1.5 Update 1 for this build. You can download it from here http://www.iis.net/download/SmoothClient

(you can just download the msi with the download link)

Coordinator
May 19, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Ah, I see what the issue is. The source code available on the "Source Code" tab above is pre version 2.0. Since 2.0 we've been providing source code in a zip file on the download page instead. Please go to the latest download page to get the latest source.

Sorry about this, I'll will see what I can do to clean this up.

Tim

May 20, 2011 at 7:54 AM

darthobiwan, I had the 1.5 Update1 build - the issue was the one Tim pinointed.

Thank you for your feedback - your suggestion worked. It would be cool if you just uploaded the source to the repository to keep people from making the same mistake as me.

Regards,

Paul

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:52 PM

+1 !