How to retrieve plugin instance into page

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Hi,
how can I retrieve the instanced plugin into page (into the .cs linked to the .xaml file that contains the player) without extend the plugin?

Thanks and regards,
Daniele

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Daniele, if it is the ActiveMediaPlugin that you are after, you can inherit SMFPlayer and access the protected property "ActiveMediaPlugin" to gain a reference to it. You could then expose this from your inherited class as it's own property (which could then be referenced by the code behind).

Something like...

public class MyPlayer: SMFPlayer{

public IMediaPlugin CurrentMediaPlugin{

get { return base.ActiveMediaPlugin; }

}

}

Tim Greenfield

Mar 1, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Thank you very much for this trick; now I'm looking for a way to access the raw audio data...

Daniele

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Daniele, if you are using adaptive streaming you can aquire info about the available audio streams via:

List<IMediaStream> audioStreams = ActiveAdaptiveMediaPlugin.CurrentSegment.AvailableStreams.Where(i => i.Type == StreamType.Audio).ToList();

To get the binary audio data however, I believe you will need to download the chunks yourself since I don't think the audio data is cached in memory. If you look at the source in SmoothStreamingMediaPlugin.SetSegmentSelectedStreams you can see how we download chunks in SMF.

Hope this helps,

Tim Greenfield

Mar 11, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Hi Tim,

I want to write a custom visual plugin. How would I get an instance of it from the player?

-Szymon

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Szymon, as of SMF 2.3, the PluginsManager property is now protected. Therefore you can subclass SMFPlayer and access all UI Plugins via: 

IEnumerable<IUIPlugin> plugins = PluginsManager.PresentationPlugins

.Where(i => !i.IsValueCreated)

.Select(i => i.Value);

- Tim Greenfield