SMF Player Full Screen control bar doesn't auto disappear

Feb 15, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Hi All,

Just created my first SMF Player in Expression Blend 4.  I noticed that when the video player uses the full screen function that the player control bar doesn't auto disappear.  I can't find any documentation on this.  Is this by design or is there a setting that can be used to have it auto disappear if no mouse movement, like with most all other Silverlight Video Players that come with Expression Encoder 4 SP1 PRO.

Thank you,

Chris

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:49 PM

On an SMF player I have been working on recently we had to implement this ourselves using a combination of DispatcherTimer and mouse enter/leave/move events, all contained in a sub-class of SMFPlayer. I would be interested to see if this is included in the core player - worth digging through the source.

Essentially the logic is to set up a timer with an interval equal to the time-out you want before the controls fade. As soon as you enter fullscreen you start this timer but reset it every time the mouse moves over the player. Then as soon as the mouse stops moving the timer will be allowed to fire. At this point you stop the timer to prevent it carrying on and then start a storyboard (included in our player XAML template) that fades the controls. As soon as the user moves the mouse the controls should be faded back in (another storyboard) if they have been hidden. Likewise for exiting fullscreen.

We were also hiding the cursor with Cursor = Cursors.None

May 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Have a look at this post too (and the Channel 9 video referenced): http://blogs.microsoft.nl/blogs/ux/archive/2011/05/02/building-a-custom-video-player-with-the-player-framework-for-the-web-desktop-and-the-phone.aspx