trick play

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Will SMF support trickplay before it is released in Silverlight 5?

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I'm going to bet this will be a no for supporting the official "trickplay" feature announced in Silverlight 5 before 5 is actually released. It has been a known limitation that you can only set the playspeed to a few preset speeds. Anything more than that is simply not supported until we see a beta of Silverlight 5 in early 2011.

If you just need the SMF Rewind and Fast Forward features to go at speeds that the player does not currently do, you have a few options. The PlaySpeedManager.cs class in SilverlightMediaFramework.Core can achieve this. I can help you override that functionality without changing the SMF source if that is what you are looking for.

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Thanks. I'd like to change the tempo/bpm of track using pitch or some other means. I have the source tempo and need to adjust to a target tempo, usually within a few bpm say 130 to 127.

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Right, you're definitely looking for trickplay. (me too)

If you look at your SMFPlayer.ActiveMediaPlugin.SupportedPlaybackRates you can find out what playback rates are supported. Depending on what you're doing you may have more than one value in that collection. Those are the valid values you could have to change the speed of the video playback. If you have other supported playback rates and you want to alter that setting you could either implement your own IMediaPlugin or make a player that inherits from SMFPlayer and override a method that can get you a valid ActiveMediaPlugin such as OnMediaPluginLoaded and change the ActiveMediaPlugin.PlaybackRate.