Is SMF actually supported?

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I have had multiple problems trying to get this working, even as a simple example.  V2.2 doesn't have a setup file, even thought it was released over a month ago.  I have seen reference to the JavaScript API, but I have not seen any place that I can download this.  My project would require heavily on JavaScript interaction in order to work.  V2.2, at least for me, does not work at all.  I posted another thread on this, but have not received any responses.  Adding the V2.2 DLLs to my project causes it not to build, saying "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.", even though this file is clearly part of the project.

The builds on this SMF project are recent, yet I don't see anyone responding to threads.  Better communication and attention to detail (ie. make sure the documentation is up to date an reflects the current build and downloads available) are greatly needed.

I really like where this project is going and hope to actually get it working someday!

Please respond to this post and let me know what is going on with the MSI and JavaScript API for V2.2.

Nov 9, 2010 at 6:07 PM

that System.Windows error normally is thrown when there is an issue applying a style or initialize a ResourceDictionary. I've seen it before where I was initializing a theme and the theme was referencing a library with an older version than the one loaded.

Have you downloaded the source code for SMF and tried running the solution in there? There are tons of examples that should run, if the do not then something else is wrong with your SL sdk install. 

Depending upon your JS interactivity you want to have you may need to modify the source anyway. 

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:19 PM

dthayer, I responded to your original post from Thursday.