Multiple Adverts in SMF 2.2

Nov 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Two questions about supporting multiple adverts in the same 'slot' on a playlist item:

Is there any way to add multiple pre/post roll adverts to a playlist item in SMF? It only seems to support one in each slot.

How would I add interstitial adverts to be played at the same time in the main content (e.g. 15mins into the main content play two adverts before resuming main content)? If I add them at the same start time only the second one is played. I've tried adding them 0.1s apart (which would be acceptable for our purposes) but this seems to only play the first one. One second or above works fine but this shows 1s of the content in between, which isn't acceptable for my needs.

I've been primarily playing with this with a xaml playlist but haven't find any more flexibility building it in code either

<Media:PlaylistItem DeliveryMethod="AdaptiveStreaming" Title="Title" MediaSource="...">
                    <Media:Advertisement AdSource="/advert1.wmv"></Media:Advertisement>
                    <Media:Advertisement AdSource="/advert2.wmv" StartTime="00:00:10.0"></Media:Advertisement>
                    <Media:Advertisement AdSource="/advert3.wmv" StartTime="00:00:10.0"></Media:Advertisement>
                    <Media:Advertisement AdSource="/advert4.wmv"></Media:Advertisement>

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:30 AM

It seems it is impossible from xaml. But you can use ScheduleAdvertisement method for this. It works for all types of adverts.

Btw, do you see postroll adverts?

Dec 29, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Hello, me - not, was just going to ask has anyone at all seen them?