caption area, textbox or something on screen in newer versions of SMF

Oct 25, 2010 at 1:04 PM

When I use the newer versions of the Framework DLL(s) I get a black area on the screen that loks like a captions area or textbox or some such thing...  I can send a screenshot if anyone is interested.  This only ever shows when I uses the last few releases.  I know this is probably stupid but I have done the following and it still shows.  This doesn't show in prior releases say to 2.2010.705 and everything is fine

Player.PlaylistVisibility = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.FeatureVisibility.Hidden;
Player.PlayerGraphVisibility = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.FeatureVisibility.Disabled;
Player.LoggingConsoleVisibility = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.FeatureVisibility.Disabled;
Player.CaptionsVisibility = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.FeatureVisibility.Disabled;
Player.ChaptersVisibility = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.FeatureVisibility.Disabled;

What am I missing? I know it is a pretty stupid question but I have looked through the API and nothing seemed to look to me as available to make this thing go away.. ha ha...

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Version 2.2010.705.1 - Fine...  no black area on the screen....

2.2010.1001.1 - Black area....  I have turned off everything that I can see in the player and in the code behind...  anyone experiencing this?

I have extended the SMFPlayer and this is the XAML that sets these things...  WHAT AM I MISSING?  Something in the new versions

CaptionsVisibility="Disabled" ChaptersVisibility="Disabled" PlayerGraphVisibility="Disabled"
AutoPlay="False" AutoLoad="False" MediaOpened="MediaOpened" PlayStateChanged="PlayStateChanged"
MediaEnded="MediaEnded" LoggingConsoleVisibility="Disabled" MediaFailed="MediaFailed" PlaylistChanged="PlayListChanged" PlaylistItemChanged="PlayListItemChanged"
Loaded="PlayerLoaded" Unloaded="PlayerUnloaded" IsEnabled="False"

SISPlayer.PlaylistVisibility = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.FeatureVisibility.Hidden;
            SISPlayer.PlayerGraphVisibility = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.FeatureVisibility.Disabled;
            SISPlayer.LoggingConsoleVisibility = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.FeatureVisibility.Disabled;
            SISPlayer.CaptionsVisibility = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.FeatureVisibility.Disabled;
            SISPlayer.ChaptersVisibility = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.FeatureVisibility.Disabled;

Redundant I know and it doesn't change anything anyway but this scenario only happens when I use the new release DLL(s)  Something dumb on my part or something new I guess... 

searched for the release notes and nothing... 

Help Please....

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:31 AM

I have the identical issue, and would like information on this too.

Caption is still displayed as a black bar on screen when captionvisibility has been disabled @version 2.2

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I got nowhere with it...  I am not even sure it is the captions area or something else that isn't supposed to be there...  I assumed it was captions but I had turned off captions in both code and xaml and no luck... 

It is definitely something with the newer releases as this last release is not the only time I saw this....  It is keeping me pinned to older version Dlls so I hope someone will look into it..... 

Are you extending your player from SMFPlayer? I am...  I figured maybe this might have something to do with it as no one else seemed to have the issue....  till now....

My only recourse was to revert back to an older version... 2.2010.705.1 to be exact...  I found this was an error on anything after version 2.2010.705.1 seems like....  good luck in solving it...

I would like to be up to date on the versions too and hopefully someone can isolate and solve this... 

I figured it was my environment.... If you would be so kind as to post any solution to this if yah find it I would appreciate it....

good luck with it...

Oct 30, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I think a workaround will be to set CaptionsVisibility to Hidden (or to not set it at all, because it's the default value). 

It's a weird behavior because I figure out that if you set visibility to Disabled, it only disables the button, but the captions remain visible (which is stupid). So try setting CaptionsVisibility to Hidden, and you will only see the Captions button (which toggles the black area).

Hope it helps, at least it helped me.

Nov 10, 2010 at 9:29 PM

You probably have a reference to Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Plugins.ClearTextCaptions.  Remove this reference and the black box should go away.