Change Scrubbing Interval

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:46 PM

The default scrubbing interval seems to be 5 seconds (when fast-forwarding or rewinding, the player jumps 5 seconds). I want to change this interval but there isn't an obvious property for that. It seems like something that ought to be pretty straight-forward, but I can't find a simple solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ian

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I'm using the DecrementFastForward() and DecrementRewind() methods but they seem to have no effect. The scrubbing interval is 5 seconds regardless of how many times I call those methods.

(Anecdotally, the IncrementFastForward() and IncrementRewind() methods don't work either.)

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:02 PM

According to .NET Reflector, this is the disassembled DecrementFastForward method:

public void DecrementFastForward()
{
    if ((this.PlaySpeedManager != null) && this.PlaySpeedManager.IsFastForwarding)
    {
        this.PlaySpeedManager.DecrementFastForward();
        this.SendLogEntry("DecrementFastForward", LogLevel.Information, null, null, null, null);
    }
}

So... you have to be fastforwarding in order to decrement the fastforward interval? I tried to put the decrement inside a handler for SMFPlayer.OnPlaySpeedStateChanged. If it was a fastforward operation, I called DecrementFastForward. This seemed entirely silly, and, did not work... ;(