Installing smf

Oct 13, 2010 at 1:49 AM

How the hech do ya install SMF if there is no installer?

Oct 14, 2010 at 10:24 AM

see the documentation, that gives a run through on how to create your smf project

Oct 15, 2010 at 5:38 PM

In One of the earlier threads, Kevin mentioned this.

"We're in the process of getting the new MSI for SMF v2.2 hosted.  Once it's available we'll put a link on the front page, sorry for the confusion."

Thanks,

Oct 20, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Where do the Visual Studio SMF Smooth Streaming teamplates come from?

Are those part of the MSI v2.2 that has yet to be posted....

The current documentation videos assumes you have these...

Thanks!

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Yes from the installer.

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Hello,

I have SMF installed with the installer from this Site. But I can not see the templates for the "smooth streaming player" and the "progressive download player" in Visual Studio. Is there another way to build a very simple SmoothStremingPlayer to publish a live stream.

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Hello all, I apologize for the delay getting the MSI hosted.  I hate to drop the same line again but once it's up we'll update the forum.  We understand the importance and are pushing hard to get it done soon.  The project templates will not be available for Visual Studio unless you install the MSI.

Devirex, the MSI link you've provided should work (just an older version).  Did you look under the "Silverlight" project group?

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Problem solved. Using the documentation on codeplex it was easy to build a new Silverlight app that is a smooth streaming client.

Works great as shown.

Nov 19, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I tried to install SMF using the link posted by Devirex but the templates don't show under the SIlverlight project group. Is it supposed to work with Visual Web Developper Express or i need the full version of Visual Studio? In any case, we would really appreciate that you post a new version of the installer or at least a tutorial that show how to setup a new project from the files that are available right now.

Thanks !

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Old MSI did not work for me either. No visual studio project templates for me either :(