How to show DownloadProgress bar for the Player

Sep 29, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Hi,

i want to show the progress bar(download progress bar) of the status of the downloaded media content for the silverlight media framework player

is their a way or a property to show the download progress bar in the silverlight media framework

Thanks

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Hi Anil

Were you able to implement this, if so can you share the details as i am having the same requirement.

Thanks

Oct 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM
Thanks for your reply... and right we are using the other method if i need this i will mail you.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:49 PM, vijayasaharan <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Anil

Were you able to implement this, if so can you share the details as i am having the same requirement.

Thanks

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (smf@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email smf@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2011 at 4:02 PM

There is a DownloadProgress property on SMFPlayer that you can bind a progress bar to. This value comes directly from the MediaElement or SmoothStreamingMediaElement (depending on which you are using).

Regards,

Tim

Oct 21, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Thanks for the reply, sorry was not able to reply immediately, i actually used the below event and wired it to a progress bar which worked for me,

void myPlayer_BufferingProgressChanged(object sender, CustomEventArgs<double> e)
{

this.progressBar = myPlayer.BufferingProgress * 100; // progressBar - SL Control placed on top of the SMF player

}

Thanks Anil and Tim for your suggestion.

Oct 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Hi,

Did Anyone solve this problem in SmoothStreaming? SmoothStreamingMediaElement's DownloadProgress property always has value 1.0 or 0.0 and never between 0.0-1.0. For BufferingProgress is the same. SMFPlayer works normally only for non-SmoothStreaming videos (because of timgreenfield's explanation).