Video Not Changing

Aug 27, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Hello All,

I have these simple two methods that one plays an ISM and the other plays a WMV. However, no matter what I do the video of the first method fired will play (either BigBuckBunny (BBB) or Wildlife) no matter what method I fire. For example, I fire BBB and it plays the bunny video. I then fire the Wildlife method and it still plays BBB again and vice versa. Any ideas of what I am missing here?

Code:

[ScriptableMember]

public void PlayBBBVideo()

{

if (MyPlayer.PlayState == MediaPluginState.Playing)

{

MyPlayer.Stop();

}

PlaylistItem adaptivePlaylistItem = new PlaylistItem();

adaptivePlaylistItem.DeliveryMethod = DeliveryMethods.NotSpecified;

adaptivePlaylistItem.MediaSource = null;

adaptivePlaylistItem.MediaSource = new Uri("http://video3.smoothhd.com.edgesuite.net/ondemand/Big%20Buck%20Bunny%20Adaptive.ism/Manifest", UriKind.RelativeOrAbsolute);

adaptivePlaylistItem.DeliveryMethod = DeliveryMethods.AdaptiveStreaming;

MyPlayer.Playlist.Clear();

MyPlayer.Playlist.Add(adaptivePlaylistItem);

MyPlayer.Play();

}

[ScriptableMember]

public void PlayWMVVideo()

{

if (MyPlayer.PlayState == MediaPluginState.Playing)

{

MyPlayer.Stop();

}

PlaylistItem progressivePlaylistItem = new PlaylistItem();

progressivePlaylistItem.DeliveryMethod = DeliveryMethods.NotSpecified;

progressivePlaylistItem.MediaSource = null;

progressivePlaylistItem.MediaSource = new Uri("http://smf.vertigo.com/videos/wildlife.wmv", UriKind.RelativeOrAbsolute);

progressivePlaylistItem.DeliveryMethod = DeliveryMethods.ProgressiveDownload;

MyPlayer.Playlist.Clear();

MyPlayer.Playlist.Add(progressivePlaylistItem);

MyPlayer.Play();

}

Thanks in Advance!

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:36 PM
Couple of things to try... call gotoplaylistitem first before calling the play... Check the status of your player playstate... this sometimes has status in it that is not "playing" even though the player seems like it is... like opening, buffering etc. Just a stab at this but a couple of things to try/check...