MMS vs Smooth Streaming playlist item

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:04 PM
Hi; This is another post on this topic as I am at a loss as to what to do. I have overridden the play routine in the player by extending the SMFPlayer class. When the play list tiem is a Smooth Streaming item, the play routine is called and everything works fine... when the play list item is an MMS feed... play routine isn't executed and the play/pause button does NOT work. I can load the file by selecting it in the play list and it automatically starts playing but none of the controls are working. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this behavior. I see no error or complaint but it just doesn't work... any thought on what I might be doing wrong with this or why the play button doesn't work and why the play routine is not called? anyone???? Cheers; brendonr
Aug 26, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Second post on this....  If ANYONE can share some insight into this I would greatly appreciate it...  I have no clue as to why this would be doing this...  anyone who has a player built with this framework and plays MMS feeds with it can confirm this is how it functions then I would have my answer one way or another.  If this is how the player works with MMS feeds then it is time to hack as this cannot be the way this works for my project and it is time to look at all of this again as the functionality is not there...  I have to monitor the play button and like I said...  the overridden play routine does not even fire for MMS feeds... Anyone willing to  help please...

Cheers;

Brendon

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I have a player that is working with MMS and Smooth Streaming. I build with both media plugin extensions referenced. The only difference between my playlist items DeliveryMethod . The smooth streaming  has "AdaptiveStreaming" and the mms has "Streaming"

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Darth O B Wan... The force is definitely with you in my world now... ha ha....   turns out that I thought I was doing the same as you mentioned....  The playlist  is being loaded from a WCF service...  turns out that a slight boo boo in the code made it skip the part of changing the type to Streaming...  I coded it just about correctly but some stupid mistake was causing the delivery method not to be set for MMS feeds...I was years writing vb.net and the change to C# made some of the constructs different including nested IF structures....   YOU DA MAN...  Thank You...  may your cup overflow with good karma... ;-)...