SMFPlayer Sources and uses

Aug 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Hi all, I posted a question about upgrading my existant application which uses smfv1 to SL4 et smfv2, and the response was to completely create a new project because of the big changes between smfv1 and v2, so I begin to do that knowing that it's so difficult ! It don't just take time of recreating old job but also to know the new object names etc ... also there is no documentation as I think :/

My question is about to use live streaming, can we use it ? and how ??  exp : "mms://mylivestream"

I have a 'StackOverflowException' when trying to execute this code which I think is very simple :/    :

<smf_p:SMFPlayer x:Name="LivePlayer" Margin="217,70,217,40" d:LayoutOverrides="Width, Height">
            <smf_p:SMFPlayer.Playlist>
                <Media:PlaylistItem MediaSource="mms://livestream....." DeliveryMethod="Streaming"></Media:PlaylistItem>
            </smf_p:SMFPlayer.Playlist>
        </smf_p:SMFPlayer>

Also my old application used live streaming , vod, and smooth streaming , and I switched between them by changing the style of my player and changing the source according to the new one, can this be done now on this version with the SMFPlayer ?

Thanks

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Hi Nbeligh;
One route to auto magically let the player decide which media element to use is to code the playlistitem like so in code or in XAML and set the delivermethod as noted below.

So.... I can't see anything wrong with your code but there is something beyond that playlist item wrong here I THINK :-)

However...

this I use and it works for me...  I have extended SMFPlayer and for the sake of conversation here i will call it MYPlayer

myplayer.Playlist.Add(new Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.Media.PlaylistItem
                        {
                            MediaSource = new Uri("mms://127.0.0.1:8080"),
                            DeliveryMethod = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Plugins.Primitives.DeliveryMethods.Streaming,
                            Title = "MMS Feed",
                            Description = "Bogus Description"
                        });

Show the playlist and click on an item and it should start playing for MMS and hit play button for SmoothStreaming after you select... least that is how this player is working...
I posted about this but no one answered...

The only other option I now know is to check (.contains) the URL for say MMS or .ISML and change the deliverymethod using Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Plugins.Primitives.DeliveryMethods

Documentation in the form of a compiled HTML file is on this site under documentation... doesn't say much but at least you get some of the object model to play with...

As far as I can tell through posting here (Thanks guys n gals) is that you have to add a plylist item and set it's delivery method. The player should do the rest...