Archiving Media

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:32 PM
Hi; I am using the SMF toolkit version 2 (Great Stuff by the way... thank you) and I would like to save the media files (live feed MMS) to disk on the server... So.... the user selects a video feed from the playlist and presses play... I want to be able to record this video based on the user clicking play and to be able to stop the recording of this video based on the user pressing stop on the player. I can use wcf web services or whatever to make this happen but I am sort of at a loss as to how to implement this functionality. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Cheers; Brendon
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Hi Brendon, SMF is currently a client-side player technology.  There aren't any resources planned to assist with recording of video server-side.  I recommend looking at IIS Media Services for server-side tooling.

Jul 7, 2012 at 5:48 AM

How about saving the CLIENT side player data, is there a mechanism or an example to save this oob to some destination that could be controlled.

Basically I would like to save whatever stream is provided say a short clip by sending in the time sequence to teh player, and whatever the output to save this out in RAW format if need be (Mpeg2/RAW PCM audio)  I don't mind this, or even the ISMV data chunks would be fine too.  I can always recreate the Manifest files later.

DJ

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Hello,

I am sorta looking to to the same thing ..

Have any of you guys managed to get somewhere with this?

I can get the Ismv files genereated both by DVR or Archiving, however, its not that straightforward, specially if the DVR is segmented.

The segmented files, when stitched together, do not make for a smooth transition. Or because the ismv has like 7/8 minutes or blank video and audio, or because the audio is shorter than the video...

Any help would be apreciated ;)

Many thanks

Regards

Nuno