smf2 SmoothStreamingPlayer - graph?

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:34 AM
I am playing with pre-compiled binary sample SmoothStreamingPlayer. Sorry for stupid question, but I cannot realize how to enable bitrate graph? Is it available at all? =Alex
Jul 27, 2010 at 5:22 PM
Edited Jul 27, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Hey Alex,

All you need to do is set the PlayerGraphVisibility property to Hidden or Visible. Hidden will show the graph button in the player and allow you to view that information; Visible will make it auto-enabled when you first open up the player.

Here's an example:

SmoothPlayer.PlayerGraphVisibility = Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Core.FeatureVisibility.Hidden;

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:41 AM

As Nick said, you can use the code he provided to set it from code.

Or set the property on the player in XAML like so <Core:SMFPlayer PlayerGraphVisibility="Hidden" />, same deal.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Thank you guys! So it means I have to go to source code modification and compile anyway.
Jul 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM
Your source code yes, not the SMF source code.
Oct 4, 2011 at 3:22 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Hi all,

For those who don't like to dig into the complexity of .net and just like to display the graph, you have just to add PlayerGraphVisibility=hidden or visible in the object tag in html:

<object id="the_id" width="512" height="384" type="application/x-silverlight-2" data="data:application/x-silverlight-2," style="visibility: visible;">
<param value="SmoothStreamingPlayer.xap" name="source">
<param value="onSilverlightError" name="onError">
<param value="pluginLoaded" name="onLoad">
<param value="white" name="background">
<param value="4.0.50401.0" name="minRuntimeVersion">
<param value="true" name="autoUpgrade">
<param value="scriptablename=myPlayer, mediaurl=http://toto/xxxx/Manifest, PlayerGraphVisibility=hidden" name="InitParams">
<a style="text-decoration:none" href="">

Hope this helps ...