Control the chunk requests url on smooth streaming

Jul 19, 2010 at 12:09 PM
Edited Jul 19, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Is it possible to Control the chunk requests URL?

I need to add custom parameters to each chunk request.- is it even possible to do it ?

As i see from the source code the chunks are been downloaded via the Microsoft.Web.Media.SmoothStreaming.TrackInfo.BeginGetChunk function which i can not change.
Is there any other entry point that i can control the get chunks URL requests ?

This is a very important feature that we need in order to support  chunk protection.

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Hi Shrik, I believe this is possible using the ISmoothStreamingCache which is part of the SmoothStreamingMediaElement API.  Fortunately, SMF provides support for loading an implementation of this interface as a plugin and sets it as the SmoothStreamingCache on the SSME for you.  What would be required, is for you to implement the interface and add the [ExportAdaptiveCacheProvider] attribute to your class.  This attribute is what enables SMF to recognize it as a plugin.

May 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Edited May 17, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I see that you had some success using ExportAdaptiveCacheProvider.  What plugin interface type did you use?  I've tried IPlugin and IGenericPlugin to no avail...

May 17, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Please disregard.  Not sure why I thought implementing one of the plugin interfaces is required.

Jun 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Hi ibennett

Can you post an example of how you got this to work?

Regards

Luis