Downloading multiple times

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Edited Jul 1, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Following is the code. <Core:SMFPlayer> <Core:SMFPlayer.Playlist> <Media:PlaylistItem MediaSource="<path>MyMedia.wmv" Description="This is a test description for the media." Title="My video"> </Media:PlaylistItem> </Core:SMFPlayer.Playlist> </Core:SMFPlayer> While checking the Fiddler entry, found following issues. There are four entries of download for .wmv with status 200. 1) It downloads the entire .wmv twice. Test: It started playing and then i thought its not moving, so i clicked the play button. This might have trigerred another download, but it should not, or at least should use whatever is downloaded earlier. 2) Clicked the fast forward and it is showing more bytes downloaded. This number is less than the entire download, so thats good, but not sure why does it need to download anything when the entire file has been downloaded twice. 3) Hitting the replay button, moves the playhead little bit back and starts playing. Another entry in the fiddler for the file download. Is this the true behaviour? or there is some bug, because if this is the case then the user needs to have lots of bandwidth to download the same stuff this many number of times, and that too depends on what the user is doing on the player. Thanks,
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2010 at 1:19 AM

bhaktavatsal - This behavior is controlled by the Silverlight MediaElement.  I suspect you would see the same results if you were not using SMF.  If that is not the case please let me know.

Jul 2, 2010 at 2:52 AM

I will test with the MediaElement and will let you know.

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Yes, You are correct. Same behaviour with MediaElement. I will post it to that forum.

Thanks,