Where to download the new IIS Smooth Streaming Player Development Kit for SMF V2?

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:41 AM
Hi all, My problem is very simple : I can't find the new DLL (Microsoft.Web.Media.SmoothStreaming.dll) requiered for the SMF V2. Where is the download link? The only reference we get here http://www.iis.net/download/SmoothClient is for the V1. Thanks a lot ES.
Jun 17, 2010 at 1:28 PM

That is the right place. The version SMF was using before was a Beta of the Smooth Streaming Client. You will find the dll you are looking for at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\IIS Smooth Streaming Client\v1.0\ on 64bit systems, C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\IIS Smooth Streaming Client\v1.0\ on 32bit

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:31 PM
Yep, I saw that. Thanks a lot. That's very confusing since the guidelines for SMF V2 say "Note: If you have installed SMF using the Setup.exe package your .dll's will be located at: %Program files%\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Silverlight Media Framework\v2\bin". I think that must be updated ;) ES
Jun 17, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Is it advisable to use the new IIS Smooth Streaming Client assembly with SMF 1.1 projects instead of beta 2?

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2010 at 8:33 PM

escotto, the following note is referring to the location of the SMF .dll's, if you installed SMF using a Setup.exe package (not publicly available at the moment).  Sorry for the confusion.

gfaus, the new IIS Smooth Streaming Client is not compatible with SMF 1.1, there were breaking API changes.  If you continue developing with SMF v1.1 you will have to use the SSME Beta 2.